State Department of Housing and Urban Development Principal Secretary Charles Hinga has announced that the recruitment for the third phase of Kazi Mtaani programme will commence on Friday, November 19.
Speaking during a courtesy call to Kisii County Governor James Ongwae, Mr Hinga said the exercise will be conducted differently from the previous cohorts as it will be opened for all young people who are unemployed.
“We will also empower the Huduma Centre here so that those who are digitally challenged can walk in there and get registered for free,” said Hinga.
He noted the third phase of the programme was facilitated by the request that youth tabled before the President to continue with the programme.
Those who wish to access the portal can do so using the link www.kms.go.ke which will be opened after the official launch in Nyamira tomorrow.
During this year’s Mashujaa Day celebrations, President Uhuru Kenyatta said the government had allocated an additional 10 billion to support the continuation of Kazi Mtaani programme which began after the Covid-19 pandemic struck last year.
The National Hygiene Programme (NHP), popularly known as Kazi Mtaani, is a national initiative that is designed to cushion vulnerable citizens living in informal settlements from the effects and response strategies of the Covid-19 pandemic.