Friday, September 24, 2021
No menu items!
HomeBusinessNarok residents asked to observe Covid-19 measures

Narok residents asked to observe Covid-19 measures

Narok residents have been asked to continue adhering to guidelines set by the Ministry of Health to curb the spread of Covid-19 in the county.

Area County Commissioner Evans Achoki said the security team is alert to arrest people without facemasks in public areas, those who fail to observe social distances especially when traveling in Public Service Vehicles (PSV) and everyone who fails to observe the curfew hours.

Speaking in his office today, Achoki noted that some counties surrounding Narok County had been put on red alert after several cases were reported in their areas, hence warning Narok people against relenting in the preventive measures.

“We will continue carrying out impromptu operations in different parts of the county in a bid to arrest those not conforming to government regulations. Those who will be arrested will be arraigned in court of law,” he said.

The announcement comes a few weeks after the Department of Information carried out a three-day sensitization campaigns in various parts of the county to inform people on how to stay safe from the disease and create awareness of the vaccination programme.

Among the areas visited during the campaigns included Ntulele trading center, Suswa market, Kilgoris market, Ololulunga trading center and Narok town.

On Saturday, Narok Governor Samuel Tunai lauded Narok residents for keeping vigilant against the disease saying the 300-bed Covid-19 hospital built in the Ololulunga area was almost empty.

“We are very much grateful to God because He has kept us safe from the disease. Our hospital that we built in Ololulunga for Covid-19 patients has remained empty. I call upon the residents to continue observing the measures in place to avoid contracting the disease,” said Tunai.

Narok County Public Health Officer Edward Tankoi said one person had tested positive of Covid-19 in the county on Sunday July 11, 2021 and five people put in isolation.

723 positive cases have been reported in the county and 34 deaths since the disease emerged last year, added Tankoi.

At the same time, 11,080 persons have received Covid-19 vaccination in the county out of the 11, 200 doses received.

The Countyhttps://thecounty.co.ke
The County brings you comprehensive and unrivaled coverage of the happenings in all 47 Kenyan counties. It has not happened in mashinani if it is not on The County!
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular