Wednesday, September 28, 2022
No menu items!
HomeEducationCBC classrooms to be completed on time, Magoha

CBC classrooms to be completed on time, Magoha

Education Cabinet Secretary George Magoha has affirmed that the construction of phase two Competency Based Curriculum (CBC) classrooms will be completed on time

Prof Magoha revealed that the construction of the classrooms which will host Junior Secondary School learners in January 2023 is currently at 90 percent completion.

He noted that the government was working with speed to ensure that they are completed on time and challenged contractors to hasten the completion of the remaining classrooms within the stipulated time frame.

The CS said Central, Nyanza and North Eastern regions had already achieved 100 percent completion while Nairobi, Coast and Western regions were still lagging behind.

“We are currently at 90 per cent completion. Out of the 10,000 classrooms that were being constructed over 9000 are complete. Around 800 classrooms are at the final construction stages with challenges being faced in Nairobi, Kakamega and Bungoma but we are working on them,” he said.

 Magoha was speaking at Moi Girls’ Secondary School, Isinya after commissioning two CBC classrooms under the phase two project.

Grade Six pupils are expected to join the Junior Secondary Schools in January 2023 after sitting the Kenya Primary School Education Assessment (KPSEA) in November this year.

The government in the first phase of the project constructed 6,500 classrooms, and an additional 3,500 classrooms are being constructed in the second phase.

An additional 5000 classrooms are expected to be constructed by private schools. So far 1,200 CBC classrooms have been completed in the private schools countrywide.

On the selection of schools by Grade 6 learners, the CS urged parents to sit down with their children and carefully select schools of their preferences.

One of the completed CBC classrooms at Moi Girls’ Secondary School in Isinya, Kajiado County

He refuted claims that some pupils transiting to junior secondary have been denied the opportunity to choose schools outside their counties adding that the pupils were free to choose where they want.

Magoha noted that the selection process which is currently on-going until September 10,2022 was progressing well with a number of pupils having completed the process.

Source: KNA

The Countyhttps://thecounty.co.ke
The County brings you comprehensive and unrivaled coverage of the happenings in all 47 Kenyan counties. It has not happened in mashinani if it is not on The County!
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular