Friday, September 24, 2021
No menu items!
HomeYour CountyNarok28 households with persons with severe disability in Narok to be reinstated...

28 households with persons with severe disability in Narok to be reinstated back to Cash Transfer payroll

The government through National Council for Persons Living with Disability (NCPLD) is carrying out an exercise to bring on board persons with severe disability (PwSD) households that were not migrated to the consolidated cash transfer programme management information system (CCTP-MIS).

Speaking to the media, the Narok NCPLD coordinator Julius Ntaiyia said they are targeting 28 persons in the county who were initially benefiting from the monthly stipend, but later removed from the system because of various errors in their records.

He explained the process of retargeting the beneficiaries would start on Wednesday, September 1, 2021 and is expected to be completed by September 24th, this year.

 “All households who were previously benefiting from the cash transfer programme but stopped at some point due to errors in their record will be registered. The process involves household listing, household registration and enrollment,” said Ntaiyia.

The coordinator added the eligibility criteria for persons with severe disability programme include; an extremely poor household with a person(s) living with severe disability and is not benefiting from any other cash transfer programme.

Henry Towett a beneficiary of the Persons with Severe Disability cash transfer programme speaking to the media

The household should not have any member receiving pension and all beneficiaries should be Kenyan citizens.

Ntaiyia noted that the beneficiaries who are now deceased, untraceable or have relocated will be recorded and later on be filled through replacements of exited cases.

He called on the caregivers to ensure they have the right documents like the national identification card, birth certificate and photograph of the person with severe disability in preparation for the exercise.

“I want to remind the people again that the exercise is not targeting new beneficiaries but seeks to reinstate households that used to benefit from the program before migration into the new payment model,” he said.

Currently, 314 households in Narok County are benefiting from the programme where they receive Sh. 2,000 per month.

One of the beneficiaries, Henry Towet whose child suffers from spinal cord complications said the money has helped in boosting their livelihood.

The Countyhttps://thecounty.co.ke
The County brings you comprehensive and unrivaled coverage of the happenings in all 47 Kenyan counties. It has not happened in mashinani if it is not on The County!
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular